XMi High Growth Development Fund, LLC
David Belitz currently serves as the Chief Executive Officer of The Lupton Company, LLC. The Lupton Company is a family office established from the sale of the Lupton family’s Coca-Cola Bottling Companies. The office has been managing the family’s investments and other affairs since the mid-1980’s. Mr. Belitz joined the Company in 1997.
His responsibilities at The Lupton Company include or have included:
- Development, implementation and monitoring of an accounting an controls system
- Development, implementation and continued monitoring of an investment performance analysis system that covers domestic stocks, international stocks, bonds, real estate, private equity, venture capital, hedge funds and cash equivalents.
- Negotiation, structuring and management of all banking relationships of The Lupton Company and various family members.
- Oversight, mentoring and business planning for family owned businesses or for businesses sponsored by Lupton family members.
- Trustee of various family trusts including the John T. Lupton Trust.
- Cash flow planning for The Lupton Company and all of the Lupton family members.
- Management of various Real Estate holdings of the Lupton family.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above Mr. Belitz has served in a number of capacities for entities in which the Lupton family has invested. For example, Mr. Belitz served in the following capacities:
- Advisor to the CEO and Board of Directors of a golf club and apparel manufacturer located in Tennessee.
- Arranged financing and served as an advisor to a medical device company.
- Arranged financing and provided business plan development assistance to an internet auction services company based in Tennessee.
- Served as the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of a utility services company. In this role he managed a restructuring of the company and managed the company through the technology development phase and ultimately served as the principal negotiator during the sale of the company to Landis+Gyr.
- Member of the Board of Directors and interim Chief Financial Officer of an industrial wireless company. In this role he actively participates in the development of the business strategy, cash flow planning, technology development schedule and as principal negotiator of customer contracts with international offices in Georgia and Romania.
Prior to joining The Lupton Company, Mr. Belitz worked for five years as a tax accountant and business consultant at Burkhart & Company, P.C. During his tenure at Burkhart & Company, Mr. Belitz prepared tax returns for small business clients and their owners, provided tax and business strategy consulting and provided transaction planning services.
David Belitz serves on the Board of Advisors of InnovateHere, a program of the Lyndhurst Foundation which is focused on attractive innovative high growth businesses to the downtown Chattanooga area.